Quiztory: Week of Nov. 7
Test your students’ knowledge of the notable events covered in findingDulcinea’s “On This Day” column this week with the Quiztory—a quiz on important events in history. A new Quiztory will run every Friday.
1. Who did Josef Stalin expel from the Communist party in 1927?
2. On Nov. 9, 1989, which symbol of the Iron Curtain came down?
3. Whose experiments with cathode rays led him to discover X-rays?
4. Which player for the Los Angeles Lakers announced that he had HIV in 1991?
5. When did Germany and the Allied forces sign an armistice, bringing World War I to an end?
What’s Coming Up?
Next week, “On This Day” will examine Nellie Bly and her around-the-world journey, Queen Elizabeth I and her ascension to the throne of England, and Reverend Jim Jones and his commune in Jonestown, Guyana. We’ll also take a look at the day that Coventry was destroyed by German bombing during WWII, the election of Benazir Bhutto as prime minister of Pakistan, President Abraham Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address and the Nuremberg Trials.
On This Day column