1. Which of the “Big Six” leaders was unable to attend the March on Washington where Martin Luther King Jr. gave his famous “I Have a Dream Speech? Why?
Jim Farmer. He was in prison.
2. For what reason was the signing of the treaty that ended The Revolutionary War delayed? What was the name of that treaty?
Initially, the British refused to recognize America’s independence. The Treaty of Paris.
3. In what 1956 landmark U.S. Supreme Court case did Thurgood Marshall argue against segregation in schools?
Brown v. the Board of Education.
4. For what cause did Sen. Strom Thurmond attempt to stall voting in the longest filibuster in Senate history?
The Civil Rights Act of 1957
5. What was the name of the non-aggression pact, Germany signed with the Soviet Union prior to the German invasion of Poland in 1939?
The Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact
On This Day: Martin Luther Jr. Gives “I Have a Dream” Speech
On This Day: Treaty of Paris Signed, Ending Revolutionary War
On This Day: Thurgood Marshall Confirmed as First African-American Supreme Court Justice
On This Day: Strom Thurmond Ends Longest Filibuster in Senate History
On This Day: Germany Invades Poland Starting World War II