1. What co-founder of the Polish Secret Army allowed himself to be captured by the Nazis in order to infiltrate Auschwitz and deliver intelligence to other resistance fighters?
2. The first broadcast of 60 Minutes on Sept. 24, 1968, showed exclusive footage of which two presidential candidates?
Richard Nixon (R) and Hubert Humphrey (D)
3. Sarah Jane Moore was the second person to attempt to assassinate President Gerald Ford, who made the first attempt?
Lynette “Squeaky” Fromme
4. What publisher gave J.R.R. Tolkien’s “The Hobbit” to his ten-year-old son to review?
5. On September 11, 2001, the passengers on one of the four planes fought off their hijackers. In what Pennsylvania town did this plane crash land?
Related Link Resources:
On This Day: Witold Pilecki Allows Himself to be Captured by Nazis
On This Day: “60 Minutes” Debuts
On This Day: President Gerald Ford Survives Despite Second Assassination Attempt
On This Day: J.R.R.Tolkien’s “The Hobbit” is Published
On This Day: President Bush Declares “War on Terror”